Thursday, June 15, 2006

Blunted edge

One of the most inane lyrics I’ve heard lately is one from James Blunt - You’re Beautiful. Try this,

"..my life is brilliant
my love is pure
i saw an angel
of that i'm sure…."

!!!. Or this,

"you're beautiful, it's true
i saw your face in a crowded place
and i don't know what to do…

!!! !!!

Believe it or not, this song is quite a hit now, despite the lyrics. Though I must say it’s quite radio friendly. The other Blunt songs in the album have pretty decent lyrics, so it’s surprising to be missing from this number. OK-songs overall and less depressing than Damien Rice.

1 comment:

Luanne Misquitta said...

Yeah :-)
Quite awful if you ask me. What also irritates is the fact that the one can't seem to figure out whether he's addressing the 'angel' or you. Perhaps he's so 'high' that he's delirious and doesn't know either ;-)